This website has been designed in accordance with the web standards defined by W3C , in particular directives for access to web content drawn up by the WAI initiative. As a result, this website is accessible to all web users, including seniors or people with disabilities with motor limitations.
A website compliant with accessibility standards will benefit all web users. The following are just several of the advantages:
- The site content is logical and hierarchized,
- The pages generally display 30 to 80% times faster,
- The site is independent of the web browser used.
This website is compatible with all recent browsers supporting HTML 4.01 and CSS 2, and complies with XHTML and CSS vocabulary and grammar recommended by W3C.
When using very old generation browsers, it is possible that you may encounter display problems on the following browsers:
- Netscape 3 and IE 3: incomplete management of the HTML content and CSS page layout
- Netscape 4 and IE 4: incomplete management and CSS page layout
- Netscape 4, Camino, Galeon, Konqueror, Omniweb, Safari older than version 1.2, Opera Windows/Linux older than version 7 will not generate the key shortcuts.
All site pages contain the following navigation components:
- The Bernard Controls that takes you back to the homepage from the website's internal pages;
- Priority links at the bottom of the page: Contacts, Site map, Legal text, Credits and Accessibility;
- The breadcrumb trail tells you which page you are currently displaying and enables you to switch quickly to the next navigation level up;
- Main menu indicates the site's main content and content families. A secondary menu (present to the left of the breadcrumb trail) indicates the same family content;
- The search engine is accessible from all pages and enables you to search the contents of all BERNARD CONTROLS websites;
- Tab navigation enables you to navigate around the site by simply using the keyboard: the Tab key takes you from one link to the next. The Enter key activates the selection.
Small character fonts can make websites difficult to read for some users. This site has been produced in such a way that the font size can be easily adjusted depending on the possibilities offered by the various browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Select "Display" then "Text Size"
- Mozilla: Select "Display" then "Text Size"
- Opera: Select "Display", then "Zoom"
- Safari: Select "Presentation," "Enlarge/Reduce text size"
If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, most browsers enable the text size to be changed by combining the scroll wheel with the keyboard:
- Windows: Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel
- Mac: Apple + mouse scroll wheel
You will find on the site downloadable documents in PDF format without an associated directly accessible version. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, you can download it from the Adobe website: download Acrobat Reader.
You can also convert PDFs into HTML format using Adobe's online conversion engine; to do this, copy the address of the link to the PDF file and paste it in the relevant field in the Adobe online conversion engine: the Adobe online conversion tool.
Reading context in Flash format
Some content is available in Flash format
To view this content, you must have downloaded and installed a plug-in available as a free download from the following Internet address: Plug-in Adobe-Macromedia Flash.