Power Water Industry
Proven technology always by your side
Inventor of the compact electric quarter-turn actuator, BC has always been deeply involved in the PWI sector and has developed over time in-depth expertise in the multiple applications of this sector: thermal power plants, water distribution, waste water treatment, desalination, building automation, shipbuilding...
Solutions Always by your side
In order to meet the specific needs of each customer and each application, BERNARD CONTROLS offers a wide range of electric actuators and associated control technologies. Two product labels guide your selection: FIRST BC for moderate environmental & operational conditions and BC PREMIUM for demanding applications with panel of options and services.
POWER GENERATION - Thermal, Nuclear, Renewable
The Nuclear market has shaped our expertise, our commitment to quality and to the control of processes. In the energy business, BERNARD CONTROLS has also been involved in Thermal energy for many years.
In thermal power plants, our actuators are installed for example in cooling towers or steam circuits.
- References: ALABAMA POWER, ALSTOM, CPS Texas, EDF, ENEL, EUAS Turkey, MITSUBISHI, NPC Philippines, PPC Greece, PPG, .... We equip new plants such as in Baicheng - China. But we also work on revamping projects, for instance in Tunçbilek - Turkey. Finally, we can found our products in hydro power plants too, for instance in Merowe - Sudan.
Bernard Control is the world leader in Nuclear electric actuation. Please consult our dedicated page for the Nuclear sector.
WATER - Drinking Water, Waste Water, Irrigation, Desalination
Our actuators are used on many types of water and industrial fluid applications.
- Drinking water plants (pumping stations, filtration...)
- Distribution (distribution network insulation valves, water towers, irrigation systems...)
- Desalination (by reverse osmosis, by distillation, associated power plant)
- Waste water (urban waste water treatment, industrial waste water treatment, pumping stations)
References: Aquafin, Degremont Suez, Disneyland Paris, Saenge, SAGEP, SEDIF, Sidem, Thompson Engineering, Veolia, Veolia water systems (OTV) and the cities of Barcelona, Antwerp, Houston, Helsinki, Sao Paolo, Quebec...*.
INDUSTRY - Building Automation, Industries, Civil Engineering, Shipbuilding
The INDUSTRY gathers many different sectors which offer the most diverse applications for our products.
For instance, in the car industry, BERNARD CONTROLS actuators are used in painting areas. In cement plants or paper mills, in ventilation systems to modulate air flows. Our products are also used in steel plants or glassworks...
- References: BMW, CITROEN, GENERAL MOTORS, PEUGEOT, RENAULT, VOLKSWAGEN... As for cement plants, our partners among others are BLUE CIRCLE, CIMENTS FRANÇAIS, CLE, FCB, FULLER FL SMITH, KHD, LAFARGE, POLYSIUS...
In Building Automation/HVAC, our products mainly equip heating and ventilation systems. Such applications require quarter turn actuators (e.g. our LEA/LEB or OA/AS ranges). Our actuators also equip safety systems in rail- and road-tunnels.
- References: Toulouse, Budapest, Cairo & Chicago metropolitans, as well as the Channel tunnel between France and the United Kingdom.
- BERNARD CONTROLS participates in much diversified projects. Indeed, we supplied 80 actuators for the building of a cube-type structure with three pools, 17 000 seats and a water temperature of 28°C. A 136 M€ project where 42 medals awarded to world-class athletes. This is the Beijing Olympic swimming-pool.
In the Marine industry, BERNARD CONTROLS actuators equip boats, submarines or methane tankers.
- References: Chantiers de l'Atlantique, CNIM, DAEWOO, the French Navy... Some examples are the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier, SEATOURS cruise boats in Germany or the IMR Vessels Ross Candies & Grant Candies in the U.S.A...